Long time no talk!
I am so terribly sorry. As usual, I made two failed attempts at a vegan cheesecake bar...don't ask me what went wrong; I have no clue. They just don't compare to dairy-based cheesecake. And that just won't do.
And theeennn I got a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad case of bronchitis. Ten days of painful, hacking coughing...lightheadedness...and shortness or breath so bad they should have stuck me in pulmonary rehab.
But I'm all better now other than the occasional bark! And to celebrate I would like to share with you a recipe I have made multiple times, but just recently veganized. These cookies are a little twist on regular snickerdoodles (find that recipe here!). They are less sweet and more rich and creamy. This particular batch tastes a bit graham cracker-y in flavor...but I think that is just because of the almond butter I used, which has a distinct flavor. If you are willing to do the extra work, I would recommend using maple cinnamon almond butter!
I just had a fresh cookie with some Silk Nog and it was a divine combination. Yes indeed, 'tis the season dearies!
PS: Pleeease do me a favor and comment on this post, it will only take a second!
Almond Butter Snickerdoodles
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup Tofutti non-hydrogenated cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup earth balance vegan butter, softened
2 tbs smooth almond butter
1 tsp lemon or orange zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp ener-g egg replacer + 1 tbs lukewarm water, mixed well
1 + 1/2 tsp cinnamon, divided
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbs sugar
1. Using and electric mixer or a fork and a little elbow grease, cream butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, and almond butter until smooth and combined.
2. Mix in zest, vanilla, and egg replacer. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour (or freezer for 30 min).
6. Set 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 6 minutes.
7. Press dough balls down with a fork (gently) and bake another 4 minutes.
Makes approx 22 cookies.