Also, it is freezing outside. I'm supposed to run a 5k tomorrow morning, and coincidentally, it is supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow morning. What luck. My lungs are going to hate me.
...I still love Colorado.
Banana Carob Thrive Pancakes
2 ripe bananas
2 fresh medjool dates, chopped
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup popped amaranth
1/2 cup buckwheat flour (I ground dry buckwheat groats with a coffee grinder)
1/2 cup carob powder
1/4 cup flax meal
1/4 cup hemp protein
1/2 cup water
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
3 tbs raw almond butter
3 tbs pure maple syrup
1. Toss bananas, dates, milk, amaranth, buckwheat flour, carob, flax, and hemp protein in a food processor and process until the mixture is mostly smooth.
2. Transfer to a bowl and add water, baking powder, vinegar, and salt. Fold ingredients in until batter is once again smooth. Add in up to 1/2 cup more water if desired.
3. Heat a pan over medium low heat. Let the pan and batter sit for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add a very small amount of coconut oil to the pan. Scoop 2/3 cup batter onto the pan and spread if necessary to create consistent thickness.
5. Cook until edges become somewhat firm (about 3 min) and flip. Cook other side approx 2 min.
6. Repeat for remaining batter. Should make 6 large pancakes.
7. Mix together almond butter and syrup and heat as desired. Top pancakes with syrup mixture and enjoy!