One Man's Journey from "Average" to Plant-Based Marathoner
My Drunk Kitchen...Vegan Edition
Sesame Maple Tofu with Udon and Veggies
Total Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
12-14oz firm tofu, pressed
2 tsp canola oil
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
fresh ground black pepper
8oz udon noodles
3 cups sugar snap peas, stems removed
1 cup red bell pepper, roughly chopped
2 tbs tamari or shoyu, divided (reduced sodium, if possible)
2 tsp cider vinegar, divided
4 tsp pure maple syrup, divided
2 tbs tahini, divided
4 tsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Cut tofu into cubes approx 1in x 1in x 1/2in. Toss tofu in canola oil, sesame oil, salt, and pepper and let marinate until the oven is ready. Assemble tofu in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 16 minutes, flipping the tofu at the 8 minute mark.
2. While the tofu is baking, boil water for your udon. Cook according to package directions (mine took 6 minutes, DO NOT OVERCOOK THE UDON!), then immediately drain and rinse under cold water.
3. Toss snap peas and bell pepper in 1 tbs soy sauce, 1 tsp vinegar, 2 tsp maple syrup, 1 tbs tahini and sesame seeds. Once the tofu is done, add veggie mixture to the baking sheet and roast (with the tofu) for
4. Heat a pan over medium heat with approx 1 tsp olive oil. Toss udon in 1 tbs soy sauce + 1 tsp vinegar and add to the pan. Stir frequently to brown the udon evenly and prevent sticking. Once brown, after approx 5 min, remove from heat. Toss in 1 tbs tahini + 2 tsp maple syrup.
5. Add the tofu and veggies to the udon, toss, and serve.Enjoy!
PS: Would you like to see the recipe for this burger on my blog??