Buffalo Mac N' Cheeze
Active Prep/Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 55 min.
2 cups elbow macaroni
1 pkg extra firm tofu
4 tbs earth balance
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups unsweetened plain soy milk (almond might work too...)
2 cups daiya cheddar cheese
1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Press tofu (between some dish towels or paper towels under some heavy books).
3. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Turn off heat, drain pasta, and return to pot to keep warm.
4. Heat a pan over medium high heat. Coat pan with a bit of olive oil and sear tofu on each side. Once golden brown, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut tofu into bite-size chunks.
5. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk for 2 minutes until no lumps remain. Slowly add milk, whisking continuously. Add daiya cheese and hot sauce and whisk until the cheese is mostly melted.
6. Combine noodles with sauce and tofu and toss until everything is covered in sauce. Divide evenly among 6 ramekins and top with panko bread crumbs.
7. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve with celery.