If the mix of ingredients seems rather out of character for me...that may be because I recently read Thrive by Brendan Brazier. I was enthralled with the ideas he presented in the book and I have been experimenting with more Thrive-centric recipes. I am making a slow transition but I hope to kick it into full-gear once I've moved into my new apartment at the end of the month :)
This recipe isn't exactly all that Thrive is about...but it employs a lot of the same nutritional values. So give it a try! Maybe you'll turn into a vegan athlete too!
Active cook time: 20 minutes
4 cups chopped dinosaur (lacinato) kale
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup water
1 tbs dulse flakes
1 pkg Wildwood Baked Teriyaki SprouTofu (or marinate regular sprouted tofu in teriyaki sauce)
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tbs sesame seeds
**If you use unflavored sprouted tofu, make sure you marinate it for at least 1 hour before cooking!
1. Heat water and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add kale and dulse to the liquid and simmer until wilted (approx 2-3 min). Add sea salt to taste.
3. Drain kale mix. Melt coconut oil in the same saucepan. Sear tofu on each side until golden. (NOTE: reduce heat if oil is splattering)
4. Set tofu aside on paper towels. Toss sesame seeds in remaining oil until toasted. Add kale back in and stir until well-mixed and warmed through.
5. Cut tofu into slices and serve atop kale.